The Healing ONION
In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people, there was a Doctor who visited many farmers to see if he could help them combatthe flu. Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it, and many had died. The doctor came upon one farmer, and to his household was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different, the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms. The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he found the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy. The moral of the story is, buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home. If you work at a desk, place one or two in your office or under your desk or even on top somewhere. Try it and see what happens, what have you to lose? Just a few bucks on onions!!! Here is another interesting experience about onhions: This person contracted pneumonia, She came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion. Put one end on a fork, and then place the forked end into an empty jar...placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be blackin the morning from the germs. Sure enough, it happened just like that...the onion was a mess, and she began to feel better. Also onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. When ever you paint or use any chamicals that produce fumes always have cut onions in a blow of water. It will obsorb all the fumes. Onians have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.
LEFTOVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS! In touring Mullins Food Products, makers of mayonnaise. Questions about food poisoning and mayonnaises came up. I learned: That all commercially-made mayo is completely safe. "It doesn't even have to be refrigerated. That the pH in mayonnaise is set at a point that bacteria could not survive in that environment. That when food poisoning is reported, the first thing the officials look for is when the 'victim' last ate ONIONS and where those onions came from (in the potato salad?). it's not the mayonnaise (as long as it's not homemade mayo) that spoils in the outdoors. It's probably the onions, and if not the onions, it's the POTATOES. Onions are a huge magnet for bacteria, especially uncooked onions. You should never plan to keep a portion of a sliced onion. It's not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock bag and put it your refrigerator. It's already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to you (and doubly watch out for onions you put on your hotdogs) If you take the leftover onion and cook it like crazy you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover onion and put it on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble. Both the onions and the moist potato in a potato salad will attract and grow bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break down. So, how's that for news? Please remember it is dangerous to cut onions and use it to cook the next day. It becomes highly poisonous for even a single night and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning. Onions obsorb everything beware! Please pass this on.